The NJCTS Tim Howard Leadership Academy is an invaluable learning experience for teens with Tourette Syndrome. Over the course of four days, participants attend engaging workshops that provide a deeper understanding of their diagnoses and participate in small discussion groups where they may share their personal triumphs and challenges. Through numerous educational activities participants develop their sense of self-leadership, self-advocacy, and resilience. Eligible applicants:
- Have a diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome from a qualified medical practitioner, such as a primary care physician, neurologist, psychiatrist, or psychologist.
- Are entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school or just completed their senior year of high school by June 2017.
- Have an evident interest in, or a vision of, themselves as leaders
- Are comfortable being away from home for four consecutive days
- Can meaningfully participate in an intensive learning experience with others who live with TS (including interacting easily with others, sharing information about themselves, discussing their diagnosis comfortably, and being around others who tic)
- Are able to sit in a workshop setting for up to an hour at a time
This application requires feedback from both a medical professional and a teacher.
Admittance is competitive and dependent on all aspects of the application being completed. We recommend that you begin the application process as soon as possible to ensure that a completed application is submitted by the deadline.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE: January 16, 2017
Request an application by contacting email@example.com. Applicants who are being considered for admittance will be contacted for an interview.